The School Day
Changes to the timings of the school day from September 2020 in light of COVID-19
- School will open for all children from 8.40am and the register will be taken at 8.55am.
- The school day ends at 3.20pm and children can be collected between 3.20 and 3.30pm Monday-Thursday
Early closure on Friday only
School will close on Friday each week at 1.20pm for pupils in Reception, Year 1, 2 and 3 and at 1.30pm for pupils in Year 4,5 and 6. This is to allow the cleaning contractors to conduct a deep clean of the school site and for the equipment and resources in classrooms to be disinfected thoroughly. Children who currently have a place booked at After School Club will be transferred to this provision at 1.30pm. This will be reviewed at the end of the Autumn term in light of the prevalence of COVID-19 and the need to continue with the deep cleaning required currently.
- Dropping off: Only ONE parent or carer with your child and you should enter via the designated entrance between 8.40am – 8.55am.
- Collection: Only ONE Parent and carer should collect at the same gate used in the morning between 3.20pm – 3.30pm.
- Members of staff will be present in order to assist children, parents and carers both at the start and end of the school day and will be able to take and pass on messages if necessary.
Entry and exit points for each year group from September 2020
- Reception children- Severn Road Main Gate on KS1 playground at the front of school next to the main office
- Year 1 Children- Thames Road large gate at the back of school, next to the minibuses.
- Year 2 Children- Thames Road, the first small gate
- Year 3 Children- Severn Road Main Gate at the front of school next to the main office
- Year 4 and 5 children- Severn Road Main Gate on KS2 playground at the front of school next to the main office
- Year 6 children- Thames Road second gate at the back of school.